Saturday 5 May 2012

UNIF Hellbound vs Jeffrey Campbell Lita

There has been a lot of talk of the Hellbounds being the 'new' Litas, so I thought I would do a comparison between the two.
The first time I saw the Hellbounds was a photo posted on Dolls Kill's Facebook page, when I first saw it I wasnt planning on getting them because I thought 'It looks a lot like the Lita and I have enough of those already'.
Believe it or not, the deciding factor for me buying my first pair of Hellbounds was when I saw they came with rainbow laces..
So when my Hellbound order arrived and I unboxed them I was suprised. They were HUGE! 
I remember when I got my first pair of Litas, I thought they were so big and chunky, now looking back; they seem tiny compared to the Hellbounds.
The Hellbounds are taller than the Litas, both the platform and heels are higher.
The Hellbound also has a chunkier heel; which I think makes it more stable, and the bottom has a lot of grip unlike the Litas.
One thing that I prefer on the Litas over the Hellbounds is the way it laces, I find the rivets on the Hellbounds annoying and the laces often fall off the hooks, with the Lita's the lace goes through a hole (like most lace up shoes) so it is more secure and wont unlace itself (like my hellbounds have done a few times). However I do love the versatility of the changeable laces on the Hellbounds.
So which do I like the best? Im still unsure, obviously I still love my Lita collection, but at the moment I am really loving the Hellbounds, I cant wait to get a couple more colours :)
I have included some photos of the Pink Hellbound next to the Neon Pink Lita below, so you can compare them visually.
Which do you prefer?






173230_Solestruck-117

12 comments:

  1. argh, after you made a comparison, now i fall for hellbounds, lols, but still lita will be my first love, hahahaha. either hellbounds and lita have their own beauty :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love them both!! may i ask a question about the hellbounds, are they comfy enough to wear all day? Want to order the black ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they would be fine to wear all day if your used to wearing heels. Your foot sits pretty flat due to the platform at the front, so they're pretty comfy :)

      Delete
  3. I feel the same when I wear my Lita's now, it's funny because I consider them small shoes now that I own the Hellbound, both pairs get people talking and the only one I consider to be big now is the Hellbound!

    Also.. I found some of the BM's on eBay, 20 hours left, no bids so far and they're only $10 more than the BM page price!

    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BNWT-BLACK-MILK-TOXIC-PINK-ELECTRO-LEGGINGS-/221015394684?pt=AU_Womens_Clothing_2&hash=item33758b497c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me know, my other leggings are a xs though, not sure if these would be too big? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the pink versions I'd DEFINITELY go for the hellbounds, but I think the Litas look better in the other more neutral colours.. I can't choose, it just depends on the situation and mood I'm in! They're both gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, i just love them both!! I am really loving my Hellbounds right now but totally agree about the laces coming off is a pain in the butt. And changing the laces isn't as easy as changing some in regular shoes. But the statement that they make and how huge they are makes them gorgeous! But you just gotta love the Lita...it's a Lita. Especially in colors that the Hellbounds don't have like the turquoise ones and the wooden heel can be so awesome sometimes!...a lot of times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep an eye out for Turquoise Hellbounds soon ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also obsessed with the, and the Hellhounds do not like, I find very coarse!
    love your blog, facebook or twitter you have to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey !!! What about the leopard hellbounds !!! Loovvvveeee em but I can't find them !!! SNIFFFFF I do like lotsa but hellbounds have something special !!!!!!so badass !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I have the Leopard ones too, you can see them here: http://princesspinkglitter.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/spikes-spots.html
      xx

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...